[Bioperl-l] problem with Bioperl get_sequence ('swiss', "acc#");

Bohr juheymann at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 18:37:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed bioperl under OSX Tiger via Fink. I tested the installation
using the test tutorial via: perl -w bptutorial.pl 5

The script failed indicating that the file to retrieve was missing. To
identify the problem, I used a script using 'get_sequence' that will
retrieve a file from 'genbank' or 'embl'. Both succeeded. If I replace it
with 'swiss' or 'swissprot' and substitute the ID with the identical ID as
in the tutorial, I am recreating the problem found with bptutorial.pl. Other
ID's do the same.

Any pointers on the origin of this finding would be greatly appreciated.