[Bioperl-l] First cut svn repository [was Re: SVN and ...Re: Perltidy]

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 27 20:51:37 UTC 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>
>> That means no svn->cvs syncing post-migration as well, I assume.
>
> That's a bit of a different story. People out there have URL links
> into our anonymous CVS repository. If it's not too troublesome (and
> tend to I think it's not) I'd like to maintain those in working
> order, either b/c there is still a sync'ed r/o cvs, or b/c of a cgi
> script that maps between the URL flavors (i.e., that maps a CVS-
> style URL to the equivalent SVN link).
>
> 	-hilmar

I'll try getting a wiki page up as a checklist for this, including
what direction we're heading in, ideas (your list and CGI redirect
ideas, svn::ignore issues, etc).  Dave has already started on the
'getting bioperl using svn' wiki page.

If we intend to sync cvs with svn we need to find the right tools or
at least check for other projects which have done something similar.
I haven't googled on that yet but I'll attempt to tonight.