[Bioperl-l] First cut svn repository [was Re: SVN and ...Re: Perltidy]

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Wed Jun 27 17:00:53 UTC 2007

rvos writes:

 > > Are we going to try to push svn commits to the read-mostly CVS repo,
 > > or just keep it around for history's sake (I lean towards the latter).
 >
 > I'm a little confused - surely once the svn is up and running we'll
 > want *no more* cvs commits? Parallel repositories that each
 > accumulate stuff will be a nightmare. I'm probably just not getting
 > your point.

There had been some point of keeping a CVS repository around as a
read-only mirror of the svn repo, presumably for people who's habits
or setup won't let them use svn.

In theory, each commit to the svn repo can be automagically pushed
down into CVS w/out user intervention, google will tell you how but
I've never run anything that way.

g.