[Bioperl-l] Network tests overhaul

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Jun 18 16:34:38 UTC 2007

Chris Fields wrote:
> Couldn't you enable BIOPERLDEBUG, disable network access, then iterate
> through tests checking for those which fail or skip?

Yes, good idea, though my dev machine is also my email/webserver so I'd
rather come up with an alternate solution than one involving 'disable
network access'.

Still, that's what I'll probably end up doing. Cheers!

Oh, Chris, Spiros, how goes the Test::More conversion? I might want to
wait for you to finish, or join in? If you're not going to have time to
do any more in the next few weeks, can you please update
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/TestMoreProgress removing your name (or in
the opposite case, add your name in)? Its not quite clear to me which
tests are assigned to whom. Can someone clarify what the markings mean?

Cheers,
Sendu.