[Bioperl-l] Example code in Bioperl Tutorial

L Xu ryanx07 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:16:15 UTC 2007

Thanks so much, Chris, it works now.
All the codes I tested were copied from Bioperl Tutorial. Why did they have
such problems, because of the platform issue or different versions of
BioPerl? I tested so far 6 scripts, three work and three don't.

Here is the problem for the 3rd failed script:
=================================
use strict;
use Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast;
my $remote_blast = Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast->new (
         -prog => 'blastn', -data => 'ecoli', -expect => '1e-10' );
my $r = $remote_blast->submit_blast("d1.fa");
my $rc;
while ( my @rids = $remote_blast->each_rid ) {
    for my $rid ( @rids ) {
       $rc = $remote_blast->retrieve_blast($rid);
    }
}
print "$rc\n"; #I just want to print sth here before parsing the result
=========================================================d1.fa
>example
CCCTTCAGGTACCCCGAGGTAACACGAGACACTCGGGATCTGGGAAGGGGACTGGGGCTTCTTTAAAAGCGCTCAGTTTAAAAAGCTTCTATGCCTGAATAGGTGACCGGAGGCCGGCACC
=========================================================result
C:\>perl t13.pl

-------------------- WARNING ---------------------
MSG: <HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>An Error Occurred</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>An Error Occurred</H1>
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: Unknown error)
</BODY>
</HTML>

-------------------- WARNING ---------------------
MSG: <HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>An Error Occurred</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>An Error Occurred</H1>
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: Unknown error)
</BODY>
</HTML>

Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)

C:\>

Please help me to correct the problem, thanks.