[Bioperl-l] Take 2 of the new subversion repository.

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 10 18:18:07 UTC 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> George Hartzell wrote:
>> Jason Stajich writes:
>>> [...]
>>> Do you know how to have svn commit messages generate summary emails
>>> as well?
>>
>> I've made a local installation of the SVN::Notify bits in my home
>> directory and set up its notification script.  If folks are happy
>> with
>> it then I'll work on getting The Powers That Be to do a real install
>> and we'll use it for the real repository.
>>
>> It's currently configured to include diffs inline in the message.  I
>> prefer them as an attachment, but the current configuration of the
>> bioperl-guts-l list stalls messages w/ attachments and requires admin
>> intervention.  I have a support@ request going on it and will change
>> it if/when we get the issue resolved.
>
> Can I put a vote in that you don't? I search through email body
> text in
> my archive of guts to find certain diffs, so really like the diffs
> inline.
>
> Also, is there any way to get rid of the 'bioperl' in [bioperl
> revision]
> in the subject? Seems redundant and makes it harder to see what was
> changed in a small email client window.

Agree on both counts; the devs have gotten used to seeing the diffs
inline.

We prob. need to schedule a specific day/time when the switchover
would take place so we can announce (so everyone knows and no one can
gripe).  Did we ever resolve the svn->cvs issue?  Jason pointed out
some tools a while ago...