[Bioperl-l] contig disassembly

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Tue Jan 16 21:11:35 UTC 2007

If I want to take a Bio::Seq object representing a contig and
disassemble it into the constituent sequences which originally lead
to its formation, all the while preserving the feature annotation
associated with each sub-sequence, and with the coordinates of these
feature sets updated to reflect their position relative to these sub-
sequences, what is the best way to go about this?  If I take a
subsequence of a Seq object, will it carry over the relevant features
as well?

--
Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team