[Bioperl-l] Error while running load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Jan 14 17:05:19 UTC 2007

Hi George, sorry for the sluggish response, I was tied up during the
week. This is also why you always want to keep the thread on the list.

Perl is an interpreted language, so no compilation is necessary. The
only thing you need to do is have the package in a place where perl
can find it. The simplest way to achieve this is by setting the
PERL5LIB environment variable:

	$ export PERL5LIB=/where/you/put/your/perl/package

or if PERL5LIB was set already, you'd append it:

	$ export PERL5LIB=${PERL5LIB}:/where/you/put/your/perl/package

I do assume that you didn't really add your code to the SeqAdaptor.pm
package - there is no necessity for nor benefit from that, and at
worst (and quite likely) perl won't be able to find the package. Note
that there is plenty of documentation for how to write packages for
perl and how to make them accessible to perl.

Hth,

	-hilmar