[Bioperl-l] Fwd: FASTA version numbers

Nathan Haigh N.Haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Jan 13 10:05:36 UTC 2007

Before the 1.5.2 release there was some talk about being able to obtain version numbers from FASTA that could be easily compared computationally.
Unfortunately, FASTA contained none numeric characters and also didn't output the full version number. I mentioned the problems and a made a couple
of suggestions. I have now just recieved this replay from Bill Peason (the author of the FASTA programs) and thought I'd post it to the list FYI.

Nath

----- Forwarded message from "William R. Pearson" <wrp at virginia.edu> -----