[Bioperl-l] problem with Bio::SearchIO::Writer

lidaof lidaof at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:50:14 UTC 2007

Hi,Dave and Chris,

sorry for disturbing again
in the code i paste below:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use warnings;
use Bio::SearchIO;
#use Bio::SearchIO::Writer::TextResultWriter;

my $in = new Bio::SearchIO (-format => 'blast', -file => "$ARGV[0]");

$cutoff = 1e-10;
open OP,">out";
while(my $result = $in->next_result){
my $resultname = $result->query_name();
while(my $hit = $result->next_hit){
my $name = $hit->name();
my $e = $hit->significance();
if($e < $cutoff){
print OP "$resultname\t$name\t$e\n";
next;
}
}
}

i use a filehandle "OP" for file output
i want to use Bio::SearchIO::Writer::TextResultWriter but actually i didn't
use it
that is the place you are not sure in your last mail
and i will spend some time on reading the website of bioperl and this
mailing list

Thanks for your kindness:)

Li

--