[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools RNA modules

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 3 20:35:28 UTC 2007

I have added several RNA motif-based parsing modules  (Infernal,
RNAMotif, ERPIN) over time to Bio::Tools.  However, I am in the
process of modifying them for SearchIO-based parsing (possibly using
Sendu's PullParserI and related modules), simply b/c I am also
writing wrappers for said modules and want comparable results.

I'll be committing the newer SearchIO-based modules over the next
month or two, beyond which I don't see the point of maintaining the
various Bio::Tools-based versions.  Does anybody mind if they are
deprecated by the next release?