[Bioperl-l] Alignment

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Feb 21 00:27:01 UTC 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Albert Vilella wrote:
> I think the SimpleAlign object contains a set of sequences, each of
> which is a LocatableSeq object.

Fascinating. In my BLAST-centric universe I went and rolled my own
solution for SeqLab where I hold onto the Bio::Seq from the reference
sequences and then hold onto the Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP objects
for all my BLAST hits. From that dataset I can write whatever reports I
want and/or perform any subsequent actions. I wonder if I should have
done that differently...

What typically creates .pfam files?

seqlab.net
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/User:Jhannah