[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Glimmer

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:10:23 UTC 2007

    You're quite correct.  I wasn't paying enough attention.  That does work
just fine.  I fat-fingered something somewhere else, broke my version of the
module for GlimmerHMM, hallucinated and confused \S and \s.  8)
    All I have left now is to fixup the POD documentation and such and then
I can send the module along and somebody can make whatever tweaks and check
it in.  Shall I open a ticket in Bugzilla for this and attach diffs, or just
send them along to somebody to take care of directly?
    Oh, one thing I have not mentioned.  I also added a -seqname argument.
Glimmer2 does not provide any kind of sequence identifier in the output, and
only processes the first sequence in a fasta file.  It would be tedious to
have to code around this by fixing up the predictions after they are
produced, so I added the option to provide this missing info up front,
hopefully allowing downstream code to not have to care as much and have a
special case for fixing up Glimmer2 predictions.