[Bioperl-l] How to get from gi/ref/gb to genomic coordinates ?

Cui, Wenwu (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] cuiw at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Feb 1 14:47:38 UTC 2007

This is a simple test from gene ID 3632373 (protein is 46100068) to
contig coordinates:

perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'map {print $_, "\n" if
/<(Gene-source_src.*?>)(.*)?<$1/} (split "\n",
get(q{http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=gene&i
d=3632373&retmode=xml}))'

You need to translate protein id to gene id though.

If the genome is available at Map Viewer, try (the contig name is
NW_101115 from last step)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mapview/maps.cgi?taxid=5270&gnl=NW_101115&MA
PS=genes&cmd=txt

Wenwu Cui, PhD