[Bioperl-l] bio-perl cvs freeze

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue Dec 18 19:20:11 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Jason and all,
>
> Does the fact that cvs is sticking around (read only) mean that
> viewcvs
> (the web interface) will stick around too?  I was thinking about
> modifying the GBrowse net installer to use the 'automatic' tarball of
> bioperl-live to download and install via nmake on Windows since it
> doesn't have cvs support built in.  Also, with cvs sticking around, I
> don't need to rewrite the installer to use svn (yeah!).

Hey Scott -

Perhaps, there may be better tools with SVN anyways, we could also
just instantiate a script that tarballed the already auto-updated
code here (i think it syncs every hour):
http://bioperl.org/SRC/

We'll still playing around with this and I can't guarantee that we'll
get the SVN commits back to CVS to work.

-jason