[Bioperl-l] How to retrieve a persistent object by bioperl-db?

zhihuali lzhtom at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:25:42 UTC 2007

Hi netters,

I've installed BioSQL and bioperl-db, and successfully created and stored a persistent object:

use strict;use warnings;use Bio::Seq;use Bio::DB::BioDB;
my $dbadp=Bio::DB::BioDB->new(-database=>'biosql',                             -user=>'annoymous',                             -dbname=>'bioseqdb');

my $seqobj=Bio::Seq->new(-accession_number=>"test",                      -id=>"test1",                      -seq=>"AGCTAGCT",                      -version=>1);my $dbobj=$dbadp->create_persistent($seqobj);$dbobj->create;$dbobj->commit;

It's successful because I found corresponding rows in the bioseqdb tables.

Now I want to retrieve the object back from the database. There's not much documents available and I've tried find_by_unique_key/primary_key but all failed. Maybe I didn't use them correctly. Could anyone give me an example as how to retrieve the stored Bio::Seq object?

Thanks a lot!

Zhihua Li