[Bioperl-l] PDB Parser

neeti somaiya neetisomaiya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:06:38 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot. It worked for me.

use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Cookies;

$ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->cookie_jar(HTTP::Cookies->new(file => "lwpcookies.txt",
                                     autosave => 1));

$request = HTTP::Request->new('GET', '
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/search/smartSubquery.do?smartSearchSubtype=HoldingsQuery&moleculeType=ignore&experimentalMethod=ignore'
);

$response = $ua->request($request);

if ($response->is_success)
{
        print "\nSuccessfully connected to url
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/search/smartSubquery.do?smartSearchSubtype=HoldingsQuery&moleculeType=ignore&experimentalMethod=ignore\n
";

        $request = HTTP::Request->new('GET', '
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/results/tabularForm.do');

        $response = $ua->request($request);

        if ($response->is_success)
        {
                print "\nSuccessfully connected to url
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/results/tabularForm.do\n";

                $request = HTTP::Request->new('GET', '
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/results/tabularReport.do?reportTitle=CustomReport&customReportColumns=
VStructureSummary.structureId~VCitation.title&format=csv');

                $response = $ua->request($request);

                if ($response->is_success)
                {
                        print "\nSuccessfully connected to url
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/results/tabularReport.do?reportTitle=CustomReport&customReportColumns=
VStructureSummary.structureId~VCitation.title&format=csv\n";
                       open(FH,">tabularResults.csv");
                        print FH $response->content;
                        close(FH);
                }