[Bioperl-l] Request for Activeperl software

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Aug 16 13:49:52 UTC 2007

pratchusha kamireddy wrote:
> I am Pratchusha Kamireddy doing masters in Alabama A&M University. I
> am working under Dr.Kantety in Plant and Soil Science Department.I am
> the beginner to learn perl programming. I need Activeperl software to
> run the perl programs. Can you help me in this regard like: where can
> I dowmload this software, how can i Install this and how can i use
> this. I am eagerlu waiting for your reply.Please help me in this
> regard.

Firstly, Google is your friend:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=activeperl

The first hit is the correct one:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/activeperl/

I suppose your next question will be how to install Bioperl (if not,
you're in the wrong place):

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows
(which also tells you where to get ActivePerl from)