[Bioperl-l] WrapperBase / StandAloneBlast executable() method confusion

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 24 12:55:43 UTC 2007

I'm not sure, but you might want to bring Torsten in on this as he
took over maintaining StandAloneBlast.  Much of the confusion may
stem from the independent evolution of StandAloneBlast and WrapperBase.

Also, (a bit unrelated), there were plans for unifying the
Bio::Tools::Run BLAST modules described here:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast

Seemed like there was a general consensus at the time on the need to
refactor StandAloneBlast and RemoteBlast code, so maybe the best
place to start is StandAloneBlast (the others could be added in from
there).  We could just deprecate use of the older modules at some
point in favor of the new scheme.

chris