[Bioperl-l] parse blast report for the best evalue

DeeGee gdorjee at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 04:18:39 UTC 2007

hi all,
i'm trying to parse a blast report using Bio::SearchIO as follows, but since
this blast report is generated with many against many (database) fasta
sequences, there're many individual blast reports (one for each of the
sequence from the query file). i was wondering if there is a way to get only
the best hit (with best evalue) from each one of them.

##### part of my script ######
my $in = new Bio::SearchIO(-format => 'blast',  -file   => $blast_report);
while( my $result = $in->next_result ) {
        while( my $hit = $result->next_hit ) {

thanks.