[Bioperl-l] How to patch something in installed bioperl module

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Apr 5 00:17:10 UTC 2007

> I am advised to patch (comment out some lines and add some) GFF.pm bioperl module.
> How do i go about it?.

First, make a backup of the original file.
Then just edit the original (add/remove lines).

> I have the latest Bioperl 1.5.2 version installed....via CPAN
> I find GFF.pm in the following location...
> /root/.cpan/build/bioperl-1.5.2_102/Bio/Tools/GFF.pm

This is not where it is installed. That is where the CPAN program
uncompressed it to before installing. It is more likely in a directory
like this:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Bio/Tools/GFF.pm
But it depends on how your Perl setup arranges things!

> Do i have to recompile it after editing........

No.

--Torsten