[Bioperl-l] installation bioperl

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Apr 3 22:09:27 UTC 2007

> On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:22 AM, fahmi derbali wrote:
>
>> thank you for answer. I will give you the maximum of informations
>> inorder to be able to diagnostic the problem:
>>
>> i use the linux mandriva 2006
>> i'm traying to install bioperl-1.5.2_102.tar.gz which i obtained
>> from the url:
>> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2
>> afetr that i made these commands which i found in the url
>> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix (paragraph
>> INSTALLING BIOPERL THE EASY WAY USING 'Build.PL ')
[snip]
>> i'm trying to install bioperl whithout having internet connection
>> beacause i don't know whay linux didn't detect my ethernet card.
>> please tell me what should i do.
>> tahnk you for your collaboration.

David's suggestion was a good one, but quite a lot (and possibly all you
need) of BioPerl is usable just with the bioperl-1.5.2_102.tar.gz file
you already have.

Just follow the 'hard way' instructions:
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix#INSTALLING_BIOPERL_MODULES_THE_HARD_WAY

Actually, its not that hard. Just extract the files from the .tat.gz and
  have your perl lib point at the resulting Bio directory.