[Bioperl-l] Do we need Bio::Root::Object anymore?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 30 15:44:08 UTC 2006

I'll add the table from DEPRECATED to the page.  We can add the
schedule for the modules that are being phased out and modify
DEPRECATED as needed.

The current list that are still in core (I think):

Deprecated:

Bio::Tools::BPLite (rev 1.5)
Bio::Species (rev 1.5.2)
Bio::Taxonomy* (rev 1.5.2)
Bio::Tools::RestrictionEnzyme (rev 1.5)
Bio::Ontology::SimpleGOEngine (rev 1.5.1)

Soon-to-be:

Bio::Graph* (maybe rev. 1.5.2, waiting on word from Nat Goodman)
Bio::Factory::ResultFactoryI (rev. 1.5.2)
Bio::Factory::HitFactoryI (rev. 1.5.2)
Bio::SeqIO::game (rev. 1.5.2)
Bio::Search::Processor (rev. 1.5.2)
Bio:Root::Object (rev. 1.5.2)

Torsten also pointed out that Bio::Root::Xref has no other modules
using it:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general/12764

so it could be deprecated as well.

Chris