[Bioperl-l] Split $BIOPERLDEBUG meanings in test scripts?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 29 04:27:06 UTC 2006

If you use Test::More you can use SKIP blocks to pass over subsets of
tests which require server access, instead of skipping them all or
running them all (current behavior).

Currently, $BIOPERLDEBUG currently doesn't set global verbosity, just
the verbosity level in the test suite.  However, it still should
conform to -1, 0, 1, or 2 (i.e. the levels that verbose() can be
set).  If we do add another env. variable to handle remote db tests,
slow tests, etc., then we could set it up whatever way fits best.
The bitmask idea sounds good; what did you have in mind?

I don't know if this could be added before the 1.5.2 release but it
may be worth a shot.

Chris