[Bioperl-l] using %packages in Makefile.PL

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 26 23:04:27 UTC 2006

Nathan,

A note on this: Makefile.pl uses require(), not use(), to test for the
presence of a module. From playing around with modules and module version
numbers and reading the docs it looks like one cannot check for module
version number using require(), but use() can do this. So Makefile.pl has a
place for module version number but in actuality does not check for version.
One could re-write Makefile.pl to use use(), of course.

Brian O.