[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::SeqFeature

Blanchette, Marco MAB at stowers-institute.org
Tue Sep 26 16:40:29 UTC 2006

Dear list,

I have been using the Bio::DB::SeqFeature module to handle the GadFly
4.3 gff annotation. I am very pleased with the resultd, processing the
full fly genome is very fast and the methods of very simple to use,
thanks to the integration of the Bio::SeqFeatureI methods.

However, I am trying to get the value of the ID= field from the 9th
column on the GFF file but  can't seem to find the right methods...

If I use:

use Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store;

my $db = Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store->new(-dsn => 'dbi:mysql:GadFly_43');

for $gene ($db->get_features_by_type('gene')){
	print	">>>>>\n",
			$gene->id, "\n",
			$gene->name, "\n",
			$gene->display_name,	"\n",
			$gene->primary_id, "\n",
			$gene->seq_id, "\n",
			"\n";
}

I don't get the value of the ID= field anywhere (which are the FBgn ids
of the gene in GadFly).

Many thanks

Marco Blanchette, Ph.D.
Assistant Investigator