[Bioperl-l] Package status for 1.5.2

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Sep 25 22:26:13 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:

>> Sorry, I had forgotten about the Bio::DB::SeqFeature failures on Windows
>> which need to be resolved before an RC is worth releasing. I've pushed
>> back RC1 release date to October 2nd; hopefully we can resolve the issue.
>>
>> It will also give me time to resolve the bioperl-run problems that I
>> see, so I can do a unified release.
>
> I don't think you need to have all of the non-core distributions ready at
> the same time, especially if you want to have a few release candidates for
> the core before a final one.  I don't see the harm in getting it out there.
>
> Anyway, I have worked out the BioDBSeqFeature_BDB.t issues on WinXP and have
> committed a fix;

Thanks, good stuff. There's no need to rush the release though, and the
fewer RCs needed the better. So I'll use the week to add an extra coat
of polish to things.

If anyone has added anything new to Bioperl since 1.5.1, it would be
helpful if you documented this at http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Change_log
and also added any necessary documentation for the module to
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::... et al.

I'm going to have to automate some way of discovering and summarizing
all the commits since 1.5.1 for every module; if anyone has any
suggestions I'm all ears.