[Bioperl-l] Optional 'circular dependency' ok?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:39:24 UTC 2006

We're in a bit of a tricky situation here.  What we probably should do is
look at CPAN to see what other large packages do (like LWP or similar),
whether they allow differentiation between 'optional' vs. 'required.'
CPANPLUS supposedly allows some circular dependency (it checks for them
before installing, then breaks them if they occur) but they aren't commonly
used.

Since we don't have a newer version available on CPAN (the last one is v 1.4
I think), it's not a pressing issue, but definitely one to think about as we
approach v 1.6.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry