[Bioperl-l] bioperl-live: audit of FIXME/???/TODO/etc and undef/die

Mauricio Herrera Cuadra arareko at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Wed Sep 20 20:15:27 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> Dave,
>
> There is a small bit about what to have in POD in biodesign.pod, which is no
> longer in the core.  I think most of it can be found in the wiki under
> 'Advanced BioPerl'.
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Advanced_BioPerl
>
> There is a link to the older version of it:
>
> http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/biodesign.html

Supposedly, this is all what people may need to get started by using a
consistent design.

> There is also an Emacs template, which I haven't toyed around with.  I use
> ActiveState Komodo, which runs on Mac OS X and WinXP.  Yes, I am pathetic...

Komodo is a great IDE (I use it daily) and I'm aware that there's some
way to create a template for Bioperl such as the Emacs one (maybe I'll
put hands on this someday). It also runs on Linux (I haven't tried to
use it in FreeBSD yet) so it could be a nice alternative for many people.

BTW: Vi rulez! ;)

Mauricio.

--
MAURICIO HERRERA CUADRA
arareko at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Laboratorio de Genética
Unidad de Morfofisiología y Función
Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala, UNAM