[Bioperl-l] bioperl-live: audit of FIXME/???/TODO/etc and undef/die

David Messina dmessina at wustl.edu
Wed Sep 20 19:00:49 UTC 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> I wasn't even aware that that was a 'requirement'

AFAIK, there wasn't any previously agreed upon set of standards for
the BioPerl docs, although most modules follow a remarkably
consistent layout.

With the Deobfuscator, it helps to enforce a little more uniformity
for ease of parsing. And since I haven't publicized any of these
issues until yesterday, it's hardly your fault that you weren't
aware. :)

It may not happen before 1.5.2, but at some point I intend to write
up a little guide which describes the de facto standard that BioPerl
modules follow (maybe Mauricio has already thought about this?). If
there is agreement on these as a small set of guidelines, we can add
it to the developer instructions so that people writing new modules
will be aware.

-Dave