[Bioperl-l] A failure to fetch a sequence

Sang Chul Choi goshng at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:03:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I want to fetch a sequence and I tested the following simple code:

use Bio::DB::GenBank;
$gb = new Bio::DB::GenBank;
$seq = $gb->get_Seq_by_id('MUSIGHBA1'); # Unique ID
print $seq->display_id, "\n";
print $seq->seq, "\n";

Output:
MUSIGHBA1

I could get the sequence information but not the sequence itself.
I felt like my fetching work was blocked by NCBI server because
I have run many jobs to fetch DNA and protein sequences using
get_Seq_by_*** method. If my fetching job was blocked, what else could I do
for fetching sequences? Can I download datafile and parse it locally?

Thank you,

Sang Chul