[Bioperl-l] sequence object with no sequence data

Roy Chaudhuri roy at colibase.bham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 14:26:25 UTC 2006

Hi Nath.

Just a couple more suggestions to add to Hilmar's advice. If you mean
what I think you do by a "slice", then you may want to look at
Bio::SeqUtils->trunc_with_features

I don't think it will work correctly without any sequence data, maybe
you can try creating a sequence consisting of just Ns, by calling
something like $seq->seq('N'x$seq->length)

As for working with centiMorgan coordinates, couldn't you just multiply
all your values by a fixed amount (100, say) to give you integer
coordinates? It might even be possible to hack Bio::Graphics, to convert
these pseudo-coordinates back into their original format if you want to
draw a scale etc.

Roy.
--
Dr. Roy Chaudhuri