[Bioperl-l] TFBS databases, Bio::Matrix::PSM suitable?

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Sat Sep 9 23:03:16 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> That should work for tests at least.  I don't know if the format has
> changed much (my guess is no).
>
> Sendu seemed to be the one who was most interested taking this on.  Sendu?

Yes, I'm currently working on this. Well, I've finished really, but am
doing related things now before I commit. Regarding tests, its not just
the matrix.dat file that I'm working with.
http://biotech.embl-ebi.ac.uk:8400/sw/common/test/ does have a few of
the other files, but for the ones I've looked at the format has changed
significantly enough that they're not really useful.

I'm still waiting for a reply from their support, but worst case I can
just make some files in the correct format but with gibberish data.