[Bioperl-l] Bioperl tests: Test, Test::Simple, Test::More?

Michael Kiwala mkiwala at watson.wustl.edu
Fri Sep 1 22:21:21 UTC 2006

Test::Class is nice. Unfortunately, it would introduce a dependency on a
non-standard perl module for anyone planning on running the tests, which
would be everyone installing Bioperl.

If we used Test::Class Bioperl would either have to force users who wish
to run tests during installation to have Test::Class installed, or
Bioperl would need a separate set of tests based on Test::More for the
purpose of running during installation.

I'm not sure if the benefits of using Test::Class outweigh the costs in
this instance, but it is a nice testing framework.