[Bioperl-l] Rfam/Pfam annotations and SimpleAlign

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 31 17:08:56 UTC 2006

>> BTW, was that supposed to be Bio::AnnotatableI, or
>> Bio::AnnotationHolderI?
>
> Sorry, the former. I guess I got confused with
> FeatureHolders. Too bad Featureable isn't an English word.
>
> 	-hilmar

Having SimpleAlign be AnnotatableI shouldn't be too much of a burden, since
the only additional implemented method is annotation().  So, I think all the
various Stockholm tags can be placed somewhere.

A bit OT: were we planning on getting rid of the various *_tag_* methods in
AnnotatableI at some point?  I'm a bit confused as to why they were added.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign