[Bioperl-l] Bio::Restriction::Analysis::fragments() memory usage

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 29 18:16:37 UTC 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Nathan S. Haigh wrote:

> Sorry for the repeat post but I haven't had a response. Just
> wondered if
> anyone had any idea about this?
>
> Thanks
> Nath

I think Warnock applies here.  Likely no one is really sure, hence
they aren't answering.  It probably bears investigating by submitting
and tracking as a bug.  My guess is something isn't garbage-collected
properly (i.e. there are circular references present), leading to a
memory leak.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer