[Bioperl-l] missing documentation (request for help)

David Messina dmessina at wustl.edu
Thu Oct 19 13:55:31 UTC 2006

Hi all,

There are a few modules missing a one-line description, and by one-
line description, I'm referring to the part that comes after the
module name in the POD.

e.g. in

=head1 NAME

Bio::SearchIO - Driver for parsing Sequence Database Searches
(BLAST, FASTA, ...)

=head1 SYNOPSIS

[etc...]

"Driver for parsing Sequence Database Searches (BLAST, FASTA, ...)"
is the one-line description (even though it falls onto two lines) :).

I fixed the modules that I knew something about, but there are some I
haven't used. Perhaps the author, or someone else familiar with these
modules, could fill in an appropriate short description?

Here is the list of affected modules:
Bio::DB::Expression
Bio::Expression::Contact
Bio::Expression::DataSet
Bio::Expression::Platform
Bio::Expression::Sample
Bio::Search::Processor
Bio::DB::EUtilities::ElinkData
Bio::DB::GFF::Adaptor::memory::feature_serializer
Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store::DBI::Iterator
Bio::Expression::FeatureGroup::FeatureGroupMas50
Bio::Expression::FeatureSet::FeatureSetMas50
Bio::Matrix::PSM::PsmHeaderI
Bio::OntologyIO::Handlers::BaseSAXHandler

Some of these are missing other POD parts as well -- please add those
too if you can.

Thanks,
Dave