[Bioperl-l] RC2 test results on WinXP

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Wed Oct 18 12:03:11 UTC 2006

Nathan Haigh wrote:
> I get all tests passing except for BioDBSeqFeature_mysql which fails all
> tests (1-46).
>
> During perl Makefile.PL I get:
> "I see you have Berkeleydb installed. I will create the DBD tests for
> Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store..."
>
> I notice under the "needs investigation" there is mention about tests
> been generated even if DBD::mysql isn't installed. I assume this is the
> problem?

Probably. I'm looking into it. Not sure why it wasn't causing a problem
before now.

 > If this is the problem should DBD::mysql be added to the
 > dependencies in Makefile.PL?

No. You can use the modules in question without mysql (presumably; ie.
you have a different sql setup), so it makes no sense to warn people
they don't have a module they absolutely do not need.

> Is there an easy way to find out what tests are being skipped due to
> absent modules?

Ideally, when the skip occurs the test script will issue a message. I
think that happens in most, if not all cases.