[Bioperl-l] Annotation-DBLink- version numbers repeating

Erikjan er at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 17 19:01:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I noticed a little problem with the Annotation "DBLink" from GenBank entries

When I run:

perl -MBio::DB::GenBank -e 'my $gi =
56205924;$db=Bio::DB::GenBank->new(-format => "genbank"); my $seqio =
$db->get_Stream_by_id($gi); my$seq = $seqio->next_seq; my
$ac=$seq->annotation(); my @annotations = $ac->get_Annotations("dblink");
for(@annotations) { print $_, "\n";} print $INC{
"Bio/Annotation/DBLink.pm" }, "\n"; '

This yields:

   GenBank:AL591065.17.17

and the place where the used Bio/Annotation/DBLink.pm resides.

Can others repeat this?

I have dug into the source a little and Bio::Annotation::DBLink seems to
be the place where this happens: it has a concatenation which leads to
that repeated version number.

It this something that I should fix "client-side", so to speak, or is it
worthwhile to add some logic to that concatenation to prevent this?

Thanks,

Eric