[Bioperl-l] Should Bio::Tools::BPlite be deprecated?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:12:09 UTC 2006

> Chris,
>
> OK. In fact there's no written guarantee that all Bio::Index* modules have
> an id_parser() method. It happens that most do, and it's useful. I'll fix
> the documentation in Bio::Index::Blast and add an enhancement request to
> Bugzilla, may be able to get around to before 1.5.2 release but no
> promises.
>
> Brian O.

Do the various Bio::Index* modules share a common interface?

I wouldn't worry too much about it for this release, unless you really have
time.  It is still, after all, a developer's release, and you've noted it in
Bugzilla.  We could try for another dev release in winter (rel 1.5.3, I
guess) to get any bug fixes or new modules added.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign