[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 RC2

Niels Larsen niels at genomics.dk
Tue Oct 17 13:54:36 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I am no perl beginner, but I am a BioPerl beginner. Today I looked
for remote similarity services that can be used from Perl. I found
the EBI SOAP interface where their example script returns

Can't find method element in the message at
/ebi/extserv/bin/perl-5.8.3/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2311.

and the DDBJ service which (from Denmark) returns

undef

and then the NCBI server accessed through BioPerls RemoteBlast which
seems to spin in a loop that fills TMPDIR with many tempfiles. Will
release 1.5.2 include improvements to RemoteBlast? (I see Roger Hall
is working towards that).

Niels L

Niels Larsen
Danish Genome Institute