[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 RC5 install onWinXPActivePerl 5.8.8.819

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 30 21:27:17 UTC 2006

> > Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
> > Reproduce:
> > 1) clean install of ActivePerl 5.8.8.819 on WinXP
> > 2) Install nmake in path
> > 3) run "cpan CPAN" to install the latest version of CPAN module
> > 4) ran cpan, accepted default for new CPAN configuration,
> ran "o conf
> > prefer_installer MB" and "o conf commit" then "q"
> > 5) run "cpan Module::Build" to install the latest version of
> > Module::Build
> > 6) run "cpan" and then "install
> > S/SE/SENDU/bioperl-1.5.2_005-RC*b*.tar.gz"
> > 7) Choose not to install optional modules
> > 8) Error shows here
> >
> > Installing all optional modules doesn't produce the error.
> > However, It produces the problem i've told you about
> missing "scripts"
> > dir (actually, it's not just the scripts dir - it's all but
> the base
> > dir it was unpacked into).
> >
> > Nath
>
> Confirmed, using same setup as Nathan.
>
> chris

Okay, revise that.  I get the message you mentioned, but installation only
fails after tests are run.  The single failed test (rnamotif.t) is due to
DB_File not being installed, which Sendu has corrected in CVS and (I think)
the 1.5.2 branch.  However, I can't get DB_File to install via CPAN (I have
VC++ Express Edition installed).  I think XML::SAX and a few others fail as
well.

Chris