[Bioperl-l] release timetable

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Nov 30 04:03:08 UTC 2006

Sendu -

what is the timetable in your mind for getting the release out? The
NESCent phyloinformatics hackathon is impending and if at all
possible I'd really like to see the release be out of the way when it
starts so that all new code can simply go the main trunk and has no
chance of interfering with the release.

Do you think this won't be a problem, or should we start thinking
about how to expedite the release in a sensible manner?

If anyone else on the list has any concerns about that code going
right into the main trunk, please let me know.

We (the hackathon attendees) may have to relax the must-pass-all-
tests rule, so it may take until a couple days after the end of the
event until some sharp edges are smoothened out. I would rather not
make any guarantees as to what we will not break, and instead focus
on getting the work committed.

	-hilmar