[Bioperl-l] Performance of Bio::Species

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 25 13:32:43 UTC 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> I think the Tree actually only keeps a ref to its root Node, which
> means
> Nodes in general must keep hard refs to their Descendants. With that
> constraint, I haven't been able to break the deadlock and get these
> things to clean up.
>
> Hopefully I'm missing something obvious; please look into it.

I'm curious to see if this affects sequence parsing (i.e. SwissProt
DB parsing).  Does anyone know?  It sounds pretty serious.

Sendu, could you commit a bug report for this?  I don't think this
should hold up rel 1.5.2 (it's a dev release) but it would be nice to
get it fixed.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer