[Bioperl-l] Unable to build Module::Build on CentOS

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 23:50:30 UTC 2006

>>> Did everything with the Bioperl Build.PL script work fine after that?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> However it was much "slower" to install, it initially pauses for a
>> long time, then eventually does the install.
>
> I'm guessing you're describing the period of time that it manifies the
> documentation? Don't you see lots of output detailing what is going on
> at each moment in time?

Yes I see all the usual output.

The pause is between the following two events:.

Manifying blib/script/bp_process_gadfly.pl ->
blib/bindoc/bp_process_gadfly.pl.1
.
# (no output for 15+ seconds on unloaded server)
.
Installing /usr/share/man/man1/bp_chaos_plot.pl.1"

Dr Torsten Seemann               http://www.vicbioinformatics.com
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia