[Bioperl-l] Installation problems...

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Nov 13 19:16:58 UTC 2006

Alessandro Botton wrote:
> Sorry to disturb you...
> I tried to install BioPerl by means of cpan. I have previously installed
> Bundle::BioPerl and everything was ok, and then tried to force the
> Bioperl installation. Anyway, I attach the "make test" part taken from
> my shell during Bioperl installation and the result of the second test
> (tut1.pl, also in attachment) suggested to detect a good installation of
> Biopelr (the first one was ok). if you need further information please
> ask me.

Unfortunately Bioperl 1.4 (the latest 'stable' edition in CPAN) is very
old and yes, you're likely to get all sorts of failures. tut1.pl tries
to do something that indeed no longer works in 1.4.

We have a 'developer' release called 1.5.2 soon to be released which
should in fact be suitable for use by everyone and everything should
work. You can download a pre-release version and install it manually:

http://bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2

Or wait a week or two and you'll be able to find the final release on CPAN.

Hope that helps,
Sendu.