[Bioperl-l] New functions for SimpleAlign.pm

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed May 31 19:39:26 UTC 2006

I added a bit to the FAQ about this:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_submit_a_patch_or_enhancement_to_Bi
oPerl.3F

and the HOWTO explains things a bit more directly:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:SubmitPatch

In brief, these need to be submitted to Bugzilla as either code enhancements
(for your added methods) or bugs with the patch to the relevant code.  Code
enhancements probably should include some code and test cases to demonstrate
usage.  Patches to buggy code are checked to make sure they pass relevant
tests by the core developers.  Submitting it to the mail list is definitely
the first step, though, so you're on the right path.

Chris