[Bioperl-l] clustalw.exe

Katrin katrin-mueller4 at gmx.de
Mon Mar 27 16:14:03 UTC 2006

hello, I am a new Perl/Bioperl-User and first I must excuse me for my really
bad english, but I hope everybody will understand me. I have the following
problem: In my Perl-skript is the following system call:
$y=exec("C:\\Programme\\xampp-win32-1.5.1\\xampp\\perl\\clustalw.exe
C:\\Programme\\xampp-win32-1.5.1\\xampp\\htdocs\\gene\\clustal.fasta"); If I
call this Script with the Shell (cmd.exe) everything works correctly. But if
I call this script with PHP I get the following error message: Error:
unknown option
/C:\Programme\xampp-win32-1.5.1\xampp\htdocs\gene\clustal.fasta. I tried
also system and qx. And I tested the environment variables: I wrote a
bat-file with the definition of all environment-variables and the system
call, but this did not work, too. The same problem is in php. The PHP-Scipt
is called from html and I worked under WindowsXP with xampp. I hope,
somebody can help me. greetings Katrin