[Bioperl-l] SeqHound User Support

Unleashed Informatics Administration admin at unleashedinformatics.com
Thu Mar 2 23:14:05 UTC 2006

As announced on 2 March 2006, SeqHound has been replaced by "DogBox
Online".

 From 3 April 2006, users of the SeqHound API will be required to
provide their e-mail address when beginning a block of SeqHound (now
DogBox Online) calls.

Users who fail to provide a valid address will not have access to the
API, and will not have access to user support.

The following FAQ has been posted to the DogBox Online website.

FAQ:

Q. What is DogBox Online?

DogBox Online is a powerful integrated data service for the life science
community, and represents the new name for the SeqHound service offered
by The Blueprint Initiative. The new service is located at:

http://dogboxonline.unleashedinformatics.com

Q. What happened to SeqHound?

The SeqHound service is being phased out. Please change to DogBox Online.

Q. How will DogBox Online differ?

DogBox Online includes several new
features previously available only to DogBox customers.

Q. Will my use of the SeqHound API be affected?

Yes. On 3 April 2006, Unleashed Informatics will require SeqHound users
to submit a valid e-mail address as part of the initial SHoundInit call.
  If you were not using a SHoundInit call or similar in your code,
ensure that you now begin your scripts with this call.

Q. Can you give me an example?

Using the Perl API, you need to begin your series of SeqHound queries
like so:

> use SeqHound;
> SHoundInit('Program Name');

Replace the 'Program Name' text with your valid e-mail address:

> use SeqHound;
> SHoundInit('joe.bloggs at blogme.com');

To avoid disappointment, we recommend you change your scripts now to
employ the new URL, http://dogboxonline.unleashedinformatics.com.

Q. What happens if I don't provide a valid email address?

Your use of the API will be blocked until you do so.

Q. Why is this change happening?

1. To obtain feedback from users regarding API use and improvement.

2. To notify users of future developments and new features.

Q. Where do I sign up?

https://secure.unleashedinformatics.com/index.php?pg=support.register

Thank you for your co-operation.