[Bioperl-l] WGS sequences through Bio::DB::GenBank

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 2 04:04:08 UTC 2006

Thanks, Brian.  I was actually typing this up when you responded.

Okay, to answer my own question somewhat (and to confirm your answer), there
IS no direct way; efetch doesn't complete these files, so the best way is
with a query.  I'm posting this so anybody searching the mail list with the
same question will maybe find this.  The NCBI help desk basically told me to
use a query like so:

http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/esearch.fcgi?db=nucleotide&term
=AAOH00000000[accn]+AND+wgs_contig[prop]

which needs to be parsed for the individual contigs.  I tried the same query
using Bio::DB::Query::GenBank and got it to work.

As for NCBIHelper, I'll give it a look and try adding this in but it won't
be until next week.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry